Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ceramic Gift

I absolutely love birthdays and find choosing the present the most exciting part, trying to mix their personalty and a bit of my creative side to find a gift they would of never imagined they 'need' in their lives!
Last week it was my friend Esme's birthday, a tattoo artist who's style of traditional flowers, skulls and birds (to name a few) translates into her home. 
I started my search on NotOnTheHighStreet.com focusing on homeware and within minutes came across ceramic designer Melody Rose who upcycles vintage tableware by incorporating her own graphic illustrations. I love the contrast between the decorative and delicate porcelain against the bold black and grey overprints pictured below.




 In the end I went for the gold skull tea set and she loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment